Thursday 22 November 2012

Figure Painting on iPad


What I particularly love about painting on my iPad is that when it comes to painting the human figure from memory and imagination I can work with such speed, and am able to erase my mistakes so easily. The layering process on my app, ArtRage, also makes it possible to create irregular patterns of such complexity they can bring a simple drawing to life in an instant. This image of a rather awkward looking teenager came about entirely by accident. I tend to throw down a few simple lines in pencil with a vague idea of a figure in mind, then try to visualise what that person might be doing. If I cannot see anything of interest I erase and start again. This happens on a regular basis and why, with iPad I don't need to have any concern about the amount of paper I am going through. However, because I can create such variation on this devise I am prone to change my approach with each image, and can so easily loose any sense of consistency. Here are two more examples to show you what I mean.



I did all three of these last night, and as you can see they have absolutely nothing in common; subject wise at least, though the background is familiar. I have to admit I do get bored with repeating myself. Although I am slowly developing a formula, and maybe in time will find what I am looking for. Until then I shall continue to entertain you with my thoughts and images.

No comments:

Post a Comment